Radiator fan broke, was replaced with ebay part, now runs on high all the time

Asked by Sep 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM about the 2006 Mazda Tribute s

2006 Mazda Tribute 6.0 (200,000 miles yikes, I know)

Few months ago I was waiting a red light when all of a sudden I heard a loud metal clunking sound and my car began shaking. I pulled over, called the bf for help, and he realized the radiator fan had broke. We ordered a replacement part from ebay (maybe not the best choice?) and ever since he installed it, the radiator fan only runs on high speed, and whenever it kicks on (which is very often) it makes my lights dim and makes the car feel like it wants to die. There is a third connection on the new radiator fan that is open and not connected to anything (at least we couldn't find a loose hose)

A month or two later, my car died as I was driving. We checked out the battery, and it was dead, so it was replaced (only 2 years old). Then, few weeks later, the alternator died. Was replaced. Few weeks later, we decided to change the thermostat & water pump to see if that would take care of the radiator fan on high problem, but nope it didn't... it made it worse. It made the radiator fan stay stuck on high ALL THE TIME.

We took it to a dealer finally, and after 2 days, they only were able to determine codes "faulty control module." I needed my car for work, so they said once I take it back, their next course of action would be to check the fan control module.

We checked the relays and fuses, and they seem to be okay.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE does anyone have any thoughts on this???

254,025

When the fan broke, did it damage any other components? So why did you replace all those other parts without replacing the fan that apparently isn't for your vehicle? I'd look into the replacement fan as being the culprit and that extra connection not hooked up. Almost sounds like the temp sensor is not working correctly or even hooked up, since you said there is an open connection. Personally I'd replace the fan with the correct part number for your vehicle, it just might clear up the issues?

connect correctly , if the ECT socket is connect correctly and then continue , you check cable at socket ECT , and you check the wiring of ECT socket, if all checking si not problem or no error , so that's the problem is your ECT Sensor,