I have a 1991 mazda rx7 and my frount brakes keep locking up but after a day or so they will of let go its like every time you press the peadle pressure builds and the frount start sticking up in t

Asked by Aug 27, 2015 at 06:07 AM about the 1990 Mazda RX-7 GTU

93,835

Seems like your calipers is having the issue. You could try lifting your car and cleaning the entire system brake including the sensors with a brake cleaner. Your caliper could also be bad in the locked postion.

160

Bad calipers, or caliper seals, there is rupper around the piston itself that is most likely gone or bad... There should be a rebuild kit readly available, (two person job) you should be able to just take the caliper off the roter remove the pads and have someone slowly push on the breaks till sticking out a comfortable about to clean and remove any old rubber and dirt and what not put a little bit of greese on the piston, replace piston boot "the rubber piece" and push the piston all the way back in replace pads and put back on... Double check abs system if applicable