I have 1990 rx7 non turbo car starts and runs fine but once engine is warm it has a hard time starting. Thinking it might be fuel pump have changed fuel filter and given it a tune up. Any other ideas?

15

Asked by Mar 03, 2012 at 09:06 AM about the 1990 Mazda RX-7 STD Convertible

55

Do a comp test, usually shows up if there is a problem there!

265

Do a compression test, like he said.

15

Thanks for the help have to get myself some equiptment for the test or find a good Rx7 Mechanic in the boston area. So if any one knows a GOOD Mechanic in the boston area that would be help full also

265

When in doubt go to a mazda dealer they will definitely have someone who is knowledgeable in rotaries, and they will know what they are doing unlike many do it yourself mechanics and no do it yourself mechanic will understand a rotary its just too complicated for a person who doesnt have a little background info on a rotary powered car, they are unique in so many ways, so honestly i wouldnt trust anyone but a rotary specialist or the Mazda dealer to work on my car thats just me though, its ultimately your choice.

35

Yep, comp test is my offering too. I had the same thing happen with my 1993 Mazda RX7 (FD3S - 13B REW) and it was due to failed/worn out apex seals, both rotors needed a full rebuild...I hope for your sake it is not the same problem! Good luck

55

Dealers have no idea what they are doing! Sadly!