Asked by Aug 26, 2009 at 02:13 AM about the 1996 Mazda MX-6 2 Dr STD Coupe

I recently had a Clutchmasters stage 1, and a Fidanza light-weight flywheel put on my car (too lazy to do it myself) and at less than 13,000 miles later, its already slipping... I was told its most likely the pressure plate has gone bad, is it possible I got a dud, or did the shop screw me?

well i dont know what causes it but my stage 3 slips worse than a bat outa hell but i think the guy who bought it and had it put it bought an ebay brand i know clutch masters it like top of the line they have some type of warrenty maybe? check it out how this helps i think its natral for mx6s to have clutch slip

I beleave that your buying a high proformance clutch you have to run at higher rpms and that its made for proformance not everyday driving.

If you have been racing then you can blame yourself. If you have been driving normally then maybe the clutch was defective. In any case you need a new one.