strong air flow but NO HEAT in cabin

5

Asked by Jan 09, 2015 at 01:02 AM about the 1993 Mazda MX-6 2 Dr LS Coupe

Not sure if my problem maybe the blend door. I did the following checks based on my problem regarding no heat in cabin. Air flows quite well but not warm/hot. Checked the hoses from heater core both have decent heat over 130 degrees. Also I was unable to find any kind of heater control valve even though it doesn't appear to apply to my situation. The recirc/fresh air modes seem to switch ok as I can feel and hear the change when engaged. However I don't hear the blend door open/close when switched rapidly unless it is the same door.
Although it is quite cold outside I noticed my engine cooling fans appear to be engaging too early, not sure if related - So I blocked off radiator with card box. Any other ideas anyone? If it a blend door problem, How Do I attempt fix it myself, or can anyone suggest a very good repair manual for 1993  Mazda MX6.
Thanks for any help

745

next to an official service manual from mazda, I favor the Haynes manuals available at Napa auto parts. Very well written, and pretty thorough.

745

If you are getting heat from both heater core hoses then hot water is going thru the core. So I would suspect the blend door, or the cables, or vacuum lines that lead to the door. Check these first. You will have to do a contorsionist act under the dash most likely. Good luck.

5

Thank you so much Skipatrol. I will try these tasks. All other suggestions are also welcome and appreciated.

745

You're welcome, I hope it works.

5

Update! My partial and temporary solution. It appears an actuator is missing that controls the heat/cold positioning. I didn't know, I bought the car in this way and it was summer so I didn't check for heat. anyway ( not a big fan of AC even in Tx.. although some summer days appear unbearable.. long story short.. I fixed it into position with a zip tie so I have really good heat now... I can remove the zip tie this season, as summer approaches so I am seeking another solution..but that actuator is quite costly. Guess I'll figure something out in this case. Hope this helps some others.