Where is crankshaft position sensor on a Mazda MX-3 GS 1.8l Automatic

Asked by Apr 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM about the 1994 Mazda MX-3 2 Dr GS Hatchback

I have bought a used tested distributor and still do not have a spark when I try to start
my MX-3 GS.  From my own research I have narrowed it down to the crankshaft
position sensor.  Every picture or drawing I see of this sensor is to much of a close up
and I can't really tell where it is on the engine.  Please let me know where I can find it.  
Keep in  mind, I have just moderate engine knowledge.  Thanks in advance.

I've done the same exact thing you've done . so check this out the crankshaft position sensor is under the bottom of the car by the alternator the matter of fact of your stuff from the alternator side is a harness for the wire connected to it goes all the way down to the sensor I had to replace mine yet but you replace it let me know how it goes let me know if that bitch starts

did this car start