car shuts down slightly in sharp right curves and hard right turns only for a second

10

Asked by Jan 04, 2011 at 08:10 PM about the 1992 Mazda MX-3 2 Dr GS Hatchback

145

Sounds like you have a short in your steering wheel.

10

thanks, but I didn't mention that this problem only occcurs when the gas tank is half full or less . the problem doesn't occur when tank is full at all, but once it reaches half a tank it starts, the lower the fuel level the worser and more often the shut down occurs. I've taken out the fuel pump and checked for anything loose, everything seems to be in tack, I've had this problem for a year now. It bothers me, you never know when its not GONNA pick back up .THANKS AGAIN, ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS

85

Rust in your tank blocking the flow of gas. Full tank applies enough pressure to get through, less volume, less pressure?

10

I had the same problem, pulled the fuel pump and float assembly out, it was clogged with rust looking stuff. Cleaned the tank out, put on a new fuel pump sock, no more problems. Good luck

61,115

This is caused by a poor disigned tank,and fuel pump assembly.Beat my head on this,and yes replaced every sensor, distributor,,every thing from egr,to ecm.Bought it for my 16 year old son,the car was beat,but he wanted it ,So i got it,And then hit me,what have i done,now here i am pouring dollar after dollar,,rebuilt hole car,still no fix.Now i can tell you from personal experience,that i took the brand new fuel pump out and took the sock filter off,at bottom of pump and hooked a T in it and a two 14" in. hose,added a sock filter to each one,slid them back in tank,to each side,passenger and driver side.Have,nt had a problem since,the gas in the tank go,s to one side,an pump loose,s prime, hope this help,s some of you mazda zoom zooms,it worked for me,i think there,a lot of mazda,s doing this it ,s not just the mx3.