Steam escaping from engine

25

Asked by Aug 13, 2007 at 10:18 AM about the 1992 Mazda MX-3 2 Dr GS Hatchback

I have a mazda millenia engine swap in a 92 mazda gs. I have been seeing high pressure steam coming from the driversside of the engine at about the 4 o'clock elevation. Theres no over heating and theres no smell of oil. Pls tell me it could be something other than a cracked heat or blown head gasket!! :S

42,565

Is there a chance that one of the high pressure lines to the A/C is venting? I have seen that when pressure gets too high, it can blow steam out of the vent valve in the A/C lines. Have the coolant system pressure tested if there are any questions as to internal problems like cracked heads or a blown head gasket.

25

well...now, the last trip I took with it ended badly withmy loosing power in the last mile before home and when I parked. Steam shot out the vents inside the car and out from under the hood. Not a good sign at all. I feel like the car barely limped into the driveway. It was making a rasping sound and seemed to have lost much of its power. I was hoping I wouldnt have to push it the rest of the way home myself! lol