how do you manually reset the ABS light on mazda3

Asked by Jan 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM about the 2006 Mazda MAZDA3 s Touring Hatchback

23,675

you could disconnect the bat. + cable for about 20 minutes, and start fresh at the pcm

28,325

We will not post anything that will defeat a safety or security device. Sorry. If you fix what's wrong with the ABS you'll be much better off.

3,245

disconnecting your batterie wont reset your abs light,like Tracy said its a safty issue.if you cant find the trouble your self get it checked by your garage.

2,465

Wow, ABS brakes might be mandtory on all newer cars, but there are still millions of automobiles out there without ABS.

3,245

yes many older vehicles don't have abs, but if the abs light is on he has an issue,say the abs on the front on 1 side does not work and that wheell locks up during hard braking it could cause the car too swerve hard to that side.might be serious,might not be,not woth taking a chance.

Thanks for the advise will go get it sorted at the garage.

160

OK . . . How about I know what caused the fault light to come on (cut wire in front wheel well) and fixed it. How do I make the ABS go out?

28,325

If the ABS light is still on, you haven't fixed it.

170

@Tracy, slightly incorrect. The ABS light is one that has to be reset. I experienced this myself. I had a cut wire going to a wheel speed sensor, set ABS light to come on. Sensor was fixed, but light was still on. I could not reset light, had to take to Mazda. The light has to be reset to re-enable the ABS system. It is basically asking for human interaction to "verify" repairs have been completed. It will not always reset itself. So on a related note, I think it would have been a better decision to answer the poster's question versus telling him he is wrong. He could very well be in my case, found the issue, fixed it, and can't reset light. It would have been nice to know myself versus paying mazda $125 for 5 mins of work to hook up their computer and clear the light...

28,325

You may have experienced what you thought was resetting the ABS light but as a Ford and ASE Master Certified Technician since 1987, I can tell you that you are incorrect. The system tests and resets itself. I apologize if my response was too harsh for you. I believe in cutting the crap.

170

Well in my case, the ABS light did not come on until the speed sensor wiring was cut. So fortunately I know the cause. But the light did not reset on its own. Any ideas...?

160

As with dpatt21, my ABS light came on when the speed sensor wiring was cut. I repaired the wiring and ASSUMED the light would go out. What I didn't realize was the system does a dynamic self-test (ie: the vehicle will reset itself once the vehicle is in motion and IT is satisfied that everything is working correctly.) I was trying to get the light to go out once the wiring was repaired and while the vehicle was still up on jack stands. Once I had driven the vehicle a block or two, the light went out.

170

Has anyone had any issues with the ABS light coming on after replacing the car battery?

50

The abs car on my car wont reset itself. A line was cut and I had it repaired however, up to now it just wont out though tried removing the battery for a bit. What else can I do?

10

I just replace the sensor on my mazda,6 and ligh dtill on what can I do to reset it