My camaro is leaking

Asked by Jun 09, 2013 at 07:05 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Base

Just bought a 98 Camaro 2 days ago & when I checked it, it was full of water on passenger seat,rugs  trunk. What should that cost me roughly to get new seals on it . Needs headliner too. I'm clueless.Don't wanna get ripped off ! Thanks

30

Can you return it? Sounds like it has ttops, after heavy my camaro always had water in the trunk and the headliner is a sponge to suck up the water, I purchased fabric and the spray glue and did it myself. Water is made to run down inside the door frame so some water gets into the car. The door panels are sprayed with water proofing.

223,315

Pretty hard to get ripped off on purchasing some parts. Labor install , maybe.

1,070

close a dollar bill in the seals, door top,T top, hatch top. there should be resistance to pulling the bill out, proving the seal are being compressed when hatch or door is closed. this check adjustment and alignment. also the seals should be soft...like you could compress them with the open end of a cigarette. if you need seals check the Fbody store, camaros and birds are F-bodys

Best Answer

Hey you guys. I have no idea what you mean. You got fabric & did it yourself? Where would I get the foam from? No, impossible. The dollar bill thing ? What? It needs adjustment & alignment on what. I'm not returning it. I love the car. That's why I'm taking it to the store & let them do it. I just want to know, what is your estimate of what it should cost ? Where is the F-body shop ? I live in Naples,FL. Are they a good place to do that ? Help !!! Please !

6,715

putting the dollar bill between the glass and door/hatch seals will prove how tight the rubber seal is to the glass. good test.

30

I like the camaro so I put up with the leak,go to - LS1TECH annd see all the people with ttop leaks

30

or just google it if the page doesn't come up, body shop will rip u off and they can't guarantee a repair, can't hurt to ask and get a few prices would u send me a picture of ur car to brn2bwld27@gmail.com

Oh, now I see the point ! Duh! I will try this test in a.m. If it does leak I should take it to Cheverlet dealership to fix & not to random body shop? Thanks so much for your help:)

30

they may not guarantee it either they charge alot, do u go to the website? I had a camaros for over 10 years and have fixed plenty, with ttops and without the correct frame connectors as it drives hit bumps the upper body does move around glass where the human eye can't see.

30

what yr is the car

30

98 ok