Swiveling mirrors

Asked by Mar 19, 2007 at 11:30 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4-Door 4WD

I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer LS, 4 Wheel Drive, 4 doors.

My questions is:

Are the mirrors on the driver and passenger side suppose to swivel??

I went and washed my truck at All Seasons Car Wash (They were highly talked about). My mirror was still attached when I went in and half way through the wash I hear a crack and I look out the window and my driver side mirror is broke. They went back in and found the piece that broke off but aren't going to replace it because they say that it was broke when I went into the Car Wash. The manager went and look at a Ford Exploer and the mirrors swiveled and he came back and said that mine were suppose to swivel too.

When I got home I was trying to remember if the mirrors ever swiveled and don't recall them swiveling either. So, I went out and tried the Passenger side and it didnt even move. So, I need some help on this.

Not positive but it would be fairly obvious if the mirrors were supposed to swivel. If the passenger side mirror doesn't swivel then the drivers side doesn't swivel either. It makes no sense whatsoever for the manager to go and look at a FORD Explorer and then say that yours should swivel because the fords mirrors swivel. That is just stupid. If you want them to replace the mirror I would swing by a Chevrolet dealership and let them know what happened and ask them if the Blazer mirrors swiveled. I am willing to bet that they will say no. Best of luck.

Best Answer Mark helpful

yes they do swivel i happen to have one right in front of me & it's for sale !!

does it look like this?