Fuel Pump replacement

Asked by Dec 27, 2014 at 08:50 PM about the 1995 Mazda B-Series Pickup 2 Dr B4000 SE 4WD Extended Cab SB

I fear that my '95 B4000 has a dead fuel pump.  That familiar humming noise as I turn the key is now gone and it won't start.  Can anyone tell me approx. how long it takes to replace a fuel pump?  thanks.

30

Check the fuel pump fuse befor you do anything,hope that helps

10

after you take the truck bed off it only takes as long as you take to pull the old pump and clean up your parts and put the new one in. took me a long while because I wanted the tank clean as new. plus while I had the truck apart I went a head and did some other stuff while it was easy. so I guess I spent probably 16 hours since I dried the tank and all that after cleaning it all out. plus the bolts gave me some trouble.

10

I forgot to mention, the other poster stated to check your fuel pump fuse 1st. That's always best. just replace it if thats bad and your good! LOl But if that is not it. I had another thing that you might try. one time while I was working on my truck I had it up on a jack and it fell off. it would not start fro anything after that! I was freaking out. But Then ( this took me forever to realize) I had an idea that it might be some kind of switch, I had heard of them a long time ago. It;s a switch that is set off when you crash! it shuts your fuel pump off. I found mine on the passenger side up on the fire wall, in fact, a passenger could feasibly have their foot on it if they were stretching out. it was under the rubber ( I have rubber floor matting) when you find it you can just reset it and everything works again. I know the user manual is generally useless but it will mention your fuel pump shut off switch and it;s location in your regular old owners manual. Might wanna try that.