My truck can't go over 45mph???

Asked by Nov 20, 2016 at 04:41 AM about the 1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup 2 Dr B2200 Standard Cab LB

So I have a 1988 Mazda b2000 and it was running fine
and we just got a mechanic to put new parts into the truck
but now the accelerator feels easy to push in and it can
even go over 45. It runs fine and gets up to 45mph easy
but when it's there it doesn't get passed it

60,265

What new parts did he install? He screwed it up so take it back and make him fix it.

Yea we are going to get it fixed on Wednesday but he didn't even install anything to big he out in new spark plug cables, distributor cap, new distributor, and new rotar kit, then after this the accelerator feels like it's too easy to push in and the truck can't pass 45 mph

Could it be the catalytic converter?

look where the fuel line .is .and right under the carb .there is a screen .filter .take it out and clean .it starving for gas .it will run good .and it will idle good .you just don't have any power ..webber carb ?

60,265

It may be a coincidence that this problem occurred but I doubt it. He may have left something loose by mistake or mixed up the firing order or some other dumb mistake. I would have him check the catalytic converter though.

Hmm alright, thanks for the input I'll go get the truck checked out soon