Van is smoking

Asked by Sep 03, 2013 at 10:29 PM about the 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Camper Passenger Van

I had some work doen on my vanagon.  Replaced the radiator and hoses.  The fuel lines as well as the 4 injectors.  Had plugs replaced.  And more.  my machenic also washed the engin compartment.
After he place radiator fluid and oil he started the engin and tells me the car has been smoking.  From the area of the exhost.
Any idea people?  Help

94,815

Sounds like he might have got some oil, coolant or something on the exhaust, I'd let it run for a while in a well ventilated area and see if it quits smoking.