can i make the engine have more nuts

5

Asked by Aug 24, 2007 at 08:44 PM about the 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Passenger Van

my name is guy and im going to do something i think nobody-else did
well...bigger cam ,port/polish,bigger t-body,and higher compression or
turbo(it is a low compression motor) now my ? is will it stand-up to it? what do you think? and what other parts do you think i need(just n-case i forgot something...wilkesgm@hotmail.com

14,445

Hi vwguy, I would be concerned about the larger cam and turbo combination. The port and polish and larger throttle body are probably fine for this motor. You might think about upgrading to a cold air intake and larger diameter exhaust. Even a throttle body spacer could add some additional HP with all the other improvements. Hope this helps!

5

do you think an engle 120 cam is to big? the air cooled motor(2180)can be a beast in a bug,sence this is watercooled it should be ok,without a turbo i would have to watch how big exhaust is.To big,all bottom no top end.small turbo would work ok with about 8psi intercooled.right now it has a coldair intake and the motor loved it.as you know im doing all this myself because NOBODY makes any thing for the vanagon,so this week i will be bringing the toaster n2 my garage step by step but 1st i have to get a camera to film it all and show it to you.