Hydrolic clutch

Asked by Jun 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM about the 1990 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Camper Passenger Van

Hi I'm new to this site. I'm trying to help a friend that has a 1990 camper van with hydraulic clutch problems. It doesn't release completely. Hard to get into gear. He has bled the system still no help. If you get it into gear the van creeps forward with the pedal all the way to the floor.  The bracket the mounts the slave cylinder was cracked but was welded a couple of years ago.  Can anyone shed and light on this problem??

Thanks, Bob

eather the slave cylender has gone bad or the clutch master,on firewall.usually both go at same time,replace both of them.

we replaced both cylinders&compleate clutch kit.2 times 6mo.apart..same thing,I've owned the car 5 yrs.Now, it does this.I think the odds of buying faulty parts? Twice.no way.I've driven manuels for 40yrs.