Engine Cleaning

5

Asked by Oct 22, 2009 at 09:23 PM about the 1990 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Passenger Van

My engine was so dusty and dirty. I tried to have a engine cleaning and under.  After a the job completed, they let start the engine and good to go. I noticed after starting the engine, it hesitate to accelerate and stopped a few yards. I talked to there attendant and manager to question it. They looked at the distributor and found some moisture. After cleaning it, they let me start the engine and riv it for couple of minutes until parts are mostly dried up. I get to start it and went back home. I am worried if they could have damaged any electronic or something that may someday cause any problem. Can someone please give me their thoughts. Thanks in advance.

1,145

you should be fine. once the moisture is gone the car will run like nothing ever happened. you probably have already figured this out by now.