what could be causing my battery to drain

30

Asked by Oct 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM about the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6

232,755

Many things, nothing I can tell you is the "smoking gun". You will need to get a multimeter and start probing looking for voltage where there shouldn't be if you know what your doing. If not,a local mechanic will help. How old is the battery? Maybe it's just old and tired and doesn't hold a charge.

30

I just replaced my battery a month ago but recently my car just stop running, it makes a noise on the right side of the car like something is running( electrical) and shouldnt like the mirror it sounds like it trying to adjust

232,755

There is your answer, something is activating when it shouldn't. You will need to have a mechanic who can diagnose your electrical issue. Electrical problems are sometimes hard to pinpoint, but you have a good start.

20

Just happen to me,VW had to erase the memory and reinstall it. 220 bucks.

20

they reinstalled the software back into the computer.

50

Don't buy a new battery!!!! I did just this and yet, I need a jump start, almost every day!!!! Like the previous poster, I here noises from the passenger side, like something is being automatically adjust. Sometimes rattling noises as well. WTH!!! I make sure all lights , radio is off, before removing key. Then I wait at least, 2 minutes, after locking up, to make sure no lights or even the radio mysteriously comes back on. Like most of you, I DREAD, taking my Touareg, to the rip off dealership. Don't trust those bastards, Period!! I am determined to fix this and other issues on my own, or with the help of a trusted mechanic. Fyi...if ever, you have the battery replaced, and your radio has no sound. ..do not run to a mechanic, or the dealer!!! Save your money and sanity, by removing fuse #12 ( passenger side ) pull out for 1minute. Before replacing the fuse back in its slot, turn the ignition key on ( to the right) NO NEED TO TURN THE ENGINE ON OR OVER. After turning the key to right, replace fuse back into slot. Boom!!! You've got sound!! OK it was the greatest feeling to know how much money I saved. 300.00!!!! Hope this helps someone out there!!

50

Correction. " sounds as though something is being adjusted."