My 99 Passat Wagon wont start and the alarm continues to go off.

5

Asked by Mar 25, 2014 at 08:59 AM about the 1999 Volkswagen Passat 4 Dr GLS 1.8T Turbo Wagon

It started about 2 months ago when we realized the CCM had some bad wires.  My husband tore it apartment and fixed the wires that were corroded or broken.  The car seemed to work wonderfully then.  Then about a week ago, my driver side window stopped working.  Thought it was a window regulator.  Not the case it seems to be in fine working order.  My husband did take the panel off the driver side door and after putting it back together, attempted to start the car and it wont start and the alarm goes off.  I have never been able to lock all of the doors with just turning the key, i would have to manually lock passenger and back doors then use my key to lock the driver side and the alarm would beep indicating all was locked.  Now car won't start but alarm keeps going off.

10

I have a 99 Passat wagon. Got in it this PM to go home from work and the battery was dead, I had left the lights on.... Got a co-worker to give me a jump start, but the alarm went off when I turned the key to the "ON" position. Nothing happened when I tried to "START"... After a while the horn in back stopped, but started again when I turned the key to "ON" I tried different methods of locking and unlocking doors. Nothing changed I disconnected the neg. terminal of the battery but still had the same problem. So I went to the back to see if I could disable the alarm horn. When I unlocked the rear hatch, the alarm stopped, so I went to start the car and it started up normally. Don't know what I did, but the alarm doesn't go off now.

1,235

Both of your cars have issues with the drivers door latch mechanism. There is a microswitch that senses when the door is unlocked, and cancels the alarm. The passengers front door and the trunk/ hatch have similar switches. Unlocking the trunks cancelled the alarm setting.

So how do u get it to start back?