how do I tow a 1999 two wheel drive automatic tracker flat

Asked by Dec 10, 2011 at 01:25 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2 Dr STD Convertible

Is there way to tow a 1999 chevy automatic two wheel drive flat with out damage to
the trackers trans?? Also is there any one out there that can tell me where you can
buy custom carpet, I have looked everywhere???

I don't know about the carpet situation, but for flat towing, it should be as simple as having the trans in neutral. If you want to be absolutely sure no damage is going to happen, pull the rear drive-shaft out of the vehicle. That way there will not be any power to the trans.

Not helpful. You cannot tow an automatic with the drive wheels down under ANY circumstance whatsoever. You will destroy the transmission. Pulling the drive shaft is an option. So is a dolly.

Andrew is right the output shaft doesn't circulate any tranny fluid, she will sieze. Trailer and dolly work. Or the driveshaft. Here is a product that I found awhile back. It's not cheap but would solve the problem.