Not getting gas to engine

10

Asked by Mar 11, 2007 at 02:27 PM about the 1994 Volkswagen Passat 4 Dr GLX V6 Sedan

anyone have a diagram on how to remove and replace the gas pump on the GLX... Its not getting gas to the engine, I have replace the relay, the O2 sensor, plugs, and plug wires.. I sprayed gas into the Mass Air Intake, and it started right up for a few seconds... Any other suggestions? my email is Bob_callegari@yahoo.com

21,200

Hi Bobcal. The one thing i didn't see on your checklist that I would examine before I replaced the fuel pump is the fuel filter, I can't decided (because plugs and wires are on your list) if you've eliminated spark as an issue or not although the fact it fired when you sprayed gas into the air intake probably eliminates that as a concern. Anyway, try your local library to see if they have the Chilton's for your Passat. That may be the cheap and easy way for you to troubleshoot your fuel chain issues and find out the correct procedures for doing whatever repair work is needed. If you don't find it there you can try your local chain parts store and you may get a few minutes of reading time to get some tips. If you are going to own a 13 year old car and work on it to this extent however, a Chilton's or similar repair manual would be a smart investment. Good luck!

Best Answer
10

Hi Lou, although your info was good it ended up being the pump. As a general practice, it is not good to let your tank get to low on gas (meaning lower than the redline). It can cause the pump to go bad.. I am sure most of you know that, so just call me stupid.. .lol... thanks for your help ,, LouB