security horn on 2006 beetle goes off without any disturbance ??

Asked by May 01, 2012 at 07:49 AM about the 2006 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L

One other time this has happened however, last night it disturbed the condo association ??  How do I shut it off ??  

Finally, just left door unlocked---seemed to work.  DO NOT want to leave my car unlocked !!

242,015

It's usually caused by a faulty door sensor module. You'll need to take it to a dealer or independent VW shop that can read the fault codes to know what sensor is bad.

50

Actually, there will not be any faulty codes because the security system is, technically, working fine. A dealership of VW mechanic shop will be able to determine which module is bad by individually testing them and by the log of when the security system was last activated. The door and trunk sensors are the most common to fail, though there are other modules that can go bad. If you leave your car unlocked, the car will still secure itself with passive standby, but not with any sound. Meaning, someone can open your door and nothing will make noise, but they still can't start the car (unless they're uber savvy or have your key). So basically what the other guy said, plus the added quippet of: don't slam your doors! GL!