I have a 2005 VW New Beetle and the drivers side window quit working all of a sudden. When I went to try to put the top down the button that you mash to put it down will also not work. What is wrong?

20

Asked by Oct 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM about the 2005 Volkswagen Beetle GL 2.0L Convertible

I am thinking it is a fuse problem with both
of these thongs not working. What is your
thought?

63,255

If the passenger side work,s it wont, be fuse on the window,but could be fuse on the roof issue,if not fuse may need to start checking switche,s and wiring.

20

Is there a fuse box under the hood somewhere?

63,255

I think the bug only has the one at dash,

To put top down----Make sure all four windows are all the way up before you do this. If they're down right now, turn on your engine, put them all the way up, and turn the engine off. Go get your favorite adult beverage, and return to the car. Get in your car. Close door. Turn on the engine. Use the Master Switch (all four windows at once) and put the windows all the way down. Wait a second or two. Then put them all the way up. Turn off engine. Turn on engine, roll your windows all the way down with Master Switch again... release the top, and drop it with the open/close top switch. Should work. That's the reset procedure anytime your top fails to drop.

63,255

Darn,,Fordnut,,you have to be einstein to do this,,Lol

63,255

This is what happen,s when man gave a car brain, the car think,s on it,s on,and do,es as it want,s to do,not what you want,what happen to a simple reset button,i know,man didn,t want to push it no more,so he let the brain do it for him,now the man is not in control,the machine is,just my thought,s.

Cars are reading each other, can't tail-gate, lane control, brake assist..all leads to driver complacency and not safety. Oh, I don't have to pay attention the car will do it

63,255

True, fordnut,thay have car that will dive itself,just type in where you want to go,on gps,it doe,s the rest,as you say signal off of other cars, to brake,and speed,,,im not going to trust this,,computer,s crash every day,and im not going to be there casualty.

20

@Fordnut. My passenger side window will not roll down but all the ther windows work.. also the 4-windows switch does not work... and the top will not drop. Checked the fuses and nothing is burned out. Any solutions? Anyone?