ECM -1 FUSE BLOWING

Asked by Jul 31, 2009 at 04:45 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 4 Dr LT 4WD SUV

Hi, I own a 1999 chevy Tahoe with a 5.7 engine. Driving on the highway tuesday morning the truck went dead with no warning. I initialy thought it was the fuel pump but noticed the blown 20 amp ECM - 1 FUSE. I pulled the computer out and the fuse still blows, so I pulled the plug on the coil, and crank sensor and it is clear. I reconected them and it is still clear but won't start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tony

65

I think your fuel pump actually is going and thats what may be blowing that fuse, also check your fuel filter and see if its plugged

50

The oil pressure switch is linked to your fuel pump fuse..Check that first then rule out your fuel pump.

265

I recommend chasing down the pink wiring powering the PCM, Ign Coil, Ign Control Module, Crankshaft Position Sensor, and the injectors. I spent most of today doing so and found the main wiring harness resting on a very hot EGR crossover tube. burned through the plastic conduit and melted the insulation off 2 wires that were shorting together. this would be to the drivers side and toward the rear of the throttle body approximately 5 inches, should anyone else be experiencing the same problem. (I realize the original poster has probably resolved this issue by now, but figured I'd post this for anyone new)

10

What do I do now

10

I need help

70

Hi my name is Mike I just had a transmission installed on Friday after the installation I drove it around the block and back left again to give it a highway test and went dead on me, come to find out my fuel pump fuse blew and keeps blowing not allowing the the truck to start, what could be the problem?

265

They probably didn't clean the contacts on your grounds, or installed them to a dirty connection.

130

my ECM fuse kept blowing on mine as well. found about 5 wires cooked onto the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. (the stupid clip that holds the wire conduit failed) about an hour of replacing the sections of cooked wires and i'm down the road again.

100

I was going 80 down the freeway when truck just turns off... Finally after a day of searching and replacing, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and ECM. I found where wires were glued to exhaust manifold just below the alternator. Only one wire looks cooked... Replaced fuse and did NOT blow for the first time after 5 fuses. Now that this seems fixed it still won't start. The fuel pump still won't engage. Wft? I didn't replace any burnt wires. I will try cutting out the 2 inches of burnt wiring now...

40

I have a 99 Yukon truck was running turn it off in it wouldn't crank fuel pump wouldn't come on so I replace the fuel pump relay I notice a burnt on 87a didn't no anything about ECM so change fuel pump it still didn't come on so I check ECM FUSE it was blowed put one in there pump came on turned truck over blowed fuse again so I don't no where to start at about ECM