2006 jetta won't start is it possible that the security system has been tripped?

20

Asked by Oct 03, 2015 at 09:35 PM about the 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T

2006 has something draining the battery.  Have amp clamp trying to identify
where the draw is coming from.  Pulled the fuses one by one to identify where
the draw is.  Now the car won't kick over.  Batter is good and charged up.  Is it
possible that something in the comfort module is causing a problem or is there
a security component that needs to be reset that is stopping the car from
starting?

285

if your comfort has any issues it will show the red steering wheel in instrument cluster, and immobilizer active will show up on message screen, i would suggest taking battery cables off and touch positive and negative ends together for 60 sec , this will clear the keep alive memory in the pcm, and reset everything, good luck ,and just to clarify, dont touch the positive and negative while the are on the battery, touch + and - with cables unattached from battery

20

Just to make sure I'm describing this clearly. Get into the car, key in ignition, step on the brake, turn the key clockwise to start the car, and nothing happens. Starter doesn't kick in attempting to start the car. Can't pull the shifter out of park. The center light of the dash console comes on but none of the indicators come on. The battery is new and we've been trickle charging it to keep the level up above 12v. Never getting to a point where the starter will attempt to start the vehicle. In the process of trying to identify where the draw was coming from we pulled the three relays and the fuses that had draw on them as well as the larger fuses. All the fuses still look good and everything is back together but we're unable to get the starter to kick in to attempt to start the car.

Can't turn ignition steering wheel won't lock and I can't turn ignition.

Hi, I am just curious whether you were able to get a solution about this problem. I have a VW Jetta 2006 with the same symptoms; here is my story While driving the car suddenly the engine stopped, by unplugging the ground terminal the car started properly but I was able to run for 5 miles, that happened 2 times. The third time it happened was after I took it to the shop, where I was told it could be the alterator, but I wanted to check others opinion and was told that probably it was corrosion on any cable, so I changed the positve battery cable and apparently it was fixed as I drove for 20 miles without a problem, but today suddenly the engine stopped again and I followed the same procedure as my previos experiences but this time it didn't started, so with Someone's help I bought a starter, which we thought was the issue, but after replacing it it didn't started, there is where we are right now. The car is parked over the street, tomorrow it will be towed for further troubleshooting. I noticed that the gauges on the dashboard don't move and the mileage numbers are not displayed when I turn the key to ON position