i do turn the raido off when leaving the car..and it only happens in summer never winter

90

Asked by May 09, 2013 at 06:26 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta GL

The radio is coming on by itself? is this the problem..your kid or whoever has access to the car is leaving it on...in summer, but doesn't go out there in winter....that's what it is... extraneous intervention~

90

no i turn the raido off when leaving the car...and no kids to get in there

1,645

so the radio is coming on by itself?

28,845

I turn my radio off when I leave my car also. Only difference is I turn mine off in the winter also. Cheers!

90

SO ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT IAM TRYING TO SAY!!!!! I TURN IT OFF IN THE WINTER AND THE SUMMER ALSO....GOT ANY REAL ANS. FOR ME

will not be sold on this "twilight zone" phenomenon- call me scientific, but spirits ain't visitin' the material world soon....as far as I know~ a control relay slips out of position and the case grounds against something that puts power to the radio...perhaps a control arm for the temperature select? that would explain the seasonal pheonmenon~

Best Answer Mark helpful
28,845

your not very clear on what you are trying to say. Is your english a little rusty? you have not said if the radio continues to play when you remove the key and close all the doors.

28,845

It means nothing to me when you say "i do turn the raido off when leaving the car..and it only happens in summer never winter". Thats not even a question.

28,845

For us to have any real answers for you, you need a real question first.

90

THANK YOU JUDGE ROY THAT MAKES SENCE TO ME....WELL SUGGEST THAT TO MY MACHENIC

28,845

heres you a wiring diagram there is no relay

90

KBRO I WISH I COULD BE MORE CLEAR ON MY QUESTION...I WILL TRY AGAIN....I COULD HEAR OUT OF MY SPEAKER EVEN THOUGH THE RAIDO WAS OFF THERE WAS SOUND COMING OUT OF THE SPEAKER....WENT TO MECH. AND HE PULLED THE WIRE NOW I KNO I CAN AT LEAST START MY CAR WITHOUT A DRAINED BATTERY...HE SAID THE RAIDO IS WIRED UP WITH THE DOOR LOCK....

temperature selector pushes on one of the unclamped relays such that the ground touches hot on the radio power buss....kinda makes sense...be better If I could get an eyeball, no need to YELL by typing in all caps carleen, these are just guys and will behave like a bunch of guys----some of us out here are gentlemen and always defer to the fairer part---granted this is a wild-burro guess, but believing is half the battle~

90

wow iam really old didnt kno that caps meant yelling

The "control relay" is a heater thing, not a radio thing....if it exists, merely a speculation...could be a hersheys kisses wrapper in there enabling power to the radio....as I stated would have to put an eyeball on that and see what happens when we go to "winter" settings~

28,845

Must be internal to the radio. If its not "on" then it shouldnt put out sound

you cannot FEEL THE HEAT..of the scalding...or scolding~

28,845

As seen the fuse supplys power to the fuse all the time judge.

...but seasonal, kbro~

90

it puts out a hissing sound from the speaker....

thanks for the "mark helpful" carleen...quite obvious the GURUS are chumps "stump the chumps" like the car talk guys would say....I'm licked...I admit it...take it out of my paycheck~

28,845

I have no explination for the seasonal part.

90

thanks for all the help guys...

When I was a wee tot, used to ride in the VW beetle above the engine in the rearmost part of the car....listening to the sound of the volkswagen beetle engine, and can convincingly make the sound of a beetle motor, but that's not the point...the point is ALL beetles allow you to turn the AM radio on...key or not...think this is a wartime "we interrupt this broadcast" level of importance to have this...anyways would always put on WOKY the Milwaukee top 20 AM station....Sonny and Cher "I got You babe" and the insipid "indian giver" were top tunes then~

90

you r from my times i also had a beetle...lol....and the radio didnt work then also...wartime is right...whats a girl to do without music

The mechanical selector buttons? where did they all go? used to love the mechanical 'punchy' feel of the mechanical selector spinning the capacitor around till your favorite station....stations were set by Pulling on the button...it was only AM, but five AM stations are all you needed~~phooey on this beep beep beep, mode select, select then push a button that offers NO tactile feedback or interaction....just an irritating beep beep frequency....god save us!!

1,645

people got too impatient to tune a radio manually and got digital tuners to make it faster.