I have 1999 vw Jetta 2.0 motor automatic it has gone thru 2 starters in the past month and it's really getting rough to start it will start if you force it but it takes a min other than that once the

Asked by Dec 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM about the 1999 Volkswagen Jetta GL

Car is running it runs perfectly fine no issues at all
any ideas why and where to start the battery has
been tested and is brand new

9,075

sounds like the engine is either clogged with carbon which is causing a strain on the car or the vacuum system could be clogged with gunk. The other thing could be the car is not running with any oil which would explain the hard starts and why its getting worse. While the car is running open the oil cap and look in make sure there is oil splashing around, not fully sure you will be able to tell in this particular engine but its good to check it out. if the engine in fact has no oil running threw it you might as well just kiss the engine good night and scrap the car cause at this point it will have worn out half the cam followers pistons rings and valves which is not a cheap fix, it would also cause the engine to seize after an amount of time.

It has oil in fact I change the oil every 3,000 miles and now the starter was changed to a bosh and starts fine and when running runs fine but my abs light is kicking on and off but I have breaks and there is nothing hanging from under the car my brakes and rotors all the way around are brand new I take very well of my car so not sure what's wrong at this point no engine lights just the abs light on and off

9,075

If the abs light is flashing on and off it can mean one of 2 things. A wheel sensor may be faulty and or a wheel bearing, the other issue could be a faulty wiring harness to the abs pump. I have on occasion tho rarley have seen the abs socket burnt out on a particular port. the half of this one could be the abs pump is failing. these are all normal things to ware out in a car this age. I would have the car scanned at a vw specialist shop some will even scan your car for free to let you know whats going on. it will tell you what exactly will be acting up or at least point you into the right direction. Be sure to go to a specialst shop they will have the proper scan tools for your car and will take better care of you. Just google search in the map VW specialist and you should get all the local shops you can take it to.