I have a beeping sound from under my steering colom near the fuses and sound is activated when the RPMs go over 2800. If iam on the hwy then drop and lower the speed to get off the road the beep starts when its below 2800. I can reset it by puting it in Nuetral and raising it over 2800. What do i need to do?

Asked by Jun 23, 2013 at 09:13 PM about the 1995 Volkswagen Jetta City

109,815

Here's a thread that might help you. They were having the same issue and it was either low oil or bad oil sensor. (Low oil pressure buzzer). Hope this helps. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php? 4972909-MF-in-beeping-noise-coming-from-dash-at-random-intervals- random-length

read your owner's manual...this can be set~

yeah, dandy beeping = oil troubles? just afraid to put that one out there because of the RPM's warning...shucks, my MINI has a speed warning...you can set it to ANY speed~....bet the VW has one for the RPM's too and this is what we are seeing~

this is why I asked to put it to the owner's manual...no doubt they addressed this phenomenon~

109,815

Check this out judge. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php? 4972909-MF-in-beeping-noise-coming-from-dash-at-random-intervals- random-length

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

109,815

Copy and paste.

that's cool...this will have a happy ending...it's a matter of educating on what the Engineers of this system had in mind exactly...lemme think...German....for the American market....not to outsmart the "people's car folk" cannot make it too sneaky or sophisticated...reminder chime for getting an oil change....but tied to rpm? that's the puzzler~

109,815

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4972909-MF-in-beeping- noise-coming-from-dash-at-random-intervals-random-length

109,815

From what I have read it has to do with the loss of oil pressure at certain rpm ranges. Low oil pressure triggers the buzzer. Several different vw models have the same set up.

...interesting...

it's the AAARGH panic...beep beep beep, the oil pressure isn't the same beep beep beep is what I gathered from your link dandy, finally got to see it yielded more questions by it's very nature as a forum....no real answers were supplied there....merely speculation...we need a VW engineer to explain this to us~

I just recently got the jetta and I'm having the same problem.. Exact same... No leaks in the oil and it's full so must be the sensor rite? Where would that be and how to change it?

check the brake fluid...doodles~ brakes could be gettin' worn and the displacement of fluid is cause for alarm~

how do uou fix it i have the same problem