doors not opening

Asked by Jan 19, 2012 at 07:07 PM about the 1998 Volkswagen GTI Base

i have a 1998 VW GTI..the passenger door at times won't open..I dont lock it because
i thought maybe it was in the locking system..now the other day the drivers side
wouldn't open anyone have any ideas what it could be, i have electric locks but like
i said i dont use them..also every once in awhile while im driving the fourways will
blink and the alarm goes off freaky...

365

one of your door switch/latches are going bad. common problem in VWs, even the new ones. could be either doors, trunk or hood latches.