I have a 1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ 3.8. It has 200,000 miles. Recently, it has been stalling when driving. When it stalls, everything dies. I just put the car in neutral and it starts again. I am not sure if this is related to a heat issue as my radiator has a small leak in it and it constantly needs fluid. My car gets a little warm (temperature gauge) but nothing extreme. I know it could be a lot of things. I have had the charging system checked at two different places an they said everything was fine. Not sure what it could be?

Asked by Aug 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LTZ Sedan

May need to check your IAC, idler air control valve,this will cause this,and all so may need to clean throttle body.

But sometime,s if engine run,s warmer than it suppose to,it will cause this all so,get that leak fixed.

Thanks, I will get the leak fixed. I also have a "service engine soon" light that came on recently also. I went to AutoZone, and they pulled the codes and the only code they received was 102. He said it was a mass air flow sensor, but I think the code was for the battery being dead the other day.

Thanks in advance! I do not think it is related to heat as my car will just shut off when I am coasting to stop sign a block away. Could it be an Engine control module? Crank position sensor? Could a short cause this?