what are the speaker size for the 2001 eurovan dash tweeters, side door, and rear speakers,

Asked by May 25, 2008 at 06:43 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan 3 Dr MV Passenger Van

I wanted to upgrade the speakers and it was difficult to size, crutchfield didn't have the information needed, and blaukpunt the speaker manufacture never replied. There is tweeters in the dash, Side door speakers, and back panel speakers. I believe its all in metric. Can anyone help out please. Glen

3,465

Crutchfield says the door speakers are 6 3/4", the rears are 5", and no info about the tweeters.

30

Volkswagen Eurovan rear speakers are Blaupunkt 4.5" speakers not 4" nor 5.25". These speakers are made in Germany for German made vehicles. Volkswagen parts want $62.00 each speaker. I purchased a pair of 4" Blaupunkt for $18.00 new online or even eBay. In the USA you have to use 5.25" or 4" speakers. What I did was purchased 4" Blaupunkt speakers removed the old speaker from the metal bracket that secures to the body of the van and used 12 black small tie wraps to secure the new speaker to the metal bracket. Pull tie wraps tight and the speaker is very tight on the metal frame. Screwed bracket back on body panel and push on the grill. Took about 1 hour to do everything. titanium4motion@roadruner.com for questions.