I have a 2001 GLS eurovan. A while back the driver door won't open from the outside does anyone know what the problem and the fix is

Asked by Jun 25, 2012 at 08:57 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan 3 Dr GLS Passenger Van

Also at that time the visor won't stay up and if you switch the mirror on the visor the inside lights go on.  Please help.  I don't want to walk into a mechanic without some knowledge of the issue and the resolution.

263,975

The driver door issue is probably a linkage problem, the inner door panel needs to come off to access it. The visor issue is a wiring problem and would require some diagnosis. Also see if you can find a mechanic you can trust not to rip you off and be fair. Ask other friends who they use.

Thank you so much. I will look into fixing it now that I know how to describe the problem.

35

Good answer Tom, the power for the sun visors on your model are given power through the dome lights and you create a ground when you turn the switch on. It is possible one of the wires is frayed. I would pull the dome light down and have a look.