So the oil pump I replaced and the high pressure sensor/buzzer and so the buzzer does not sound anymore but when my motor is all the warmed up the oil temp gets really hot about 110 degrees and then I seen the oil light on dash bored blink only at idle but my oil pressure looks low at idle its like at 1bar I herd its supposed to be at 1.5 bar . now I feel the low oil sensor on the head might be bad or me only using water to cool my car and not antifreeze is making the oil run really hot and messing with the oil pressure....any help is much appreciated thanks.

195

Asked by Aug 14, 2013 at 06:53 PM about the 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic

4,745

I assume you mean 110C on the oil temp...not entirely too hot, depending on your climate. You might look at adding an oil cooler. As far as the pressure sender, it would be cheap insurance to change it out...just be careful when removing the sender as it's soft metal and you can end up leaving the threaded part stuck in the head - not fun.

195

Ya I double checked how hot the oil should get an it said 100C to 120C so I think my oil temp should be fine im just confused on why after I changed the oil pump the oil pressure gets to almost 0bar after driving for 20 min an only at idle an then the lil red light on dash bored flickers an when I rub engine up to 200rmp the pressure gets to almost 2bar and the red flickering light gos away...Im going to get a new low oil pressure sensor and see if that changes anything...thanks for the help. :)