Searched for: so my oil light and oil buzzer went on when i was goin about 40mph my car sounded like it was running fine i have the car parked and i orderd a new oil pump and low oil presure sensor/buzzer, so question is ,is it hard to change an oil pump on a 93 vw cabriolet? I have the chilton book for my car an it looks kinda simple..?

Asked by Aug 07, 2013 at 08:30 PM about the 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Classic

There was a known issue with the oil pressure sender and the instrument cluster buzzer on the MK2 1.8 8V models. While it might be good insurance to replace the oil pump on that old of a car, be aware that it may be an issue with the cluster.

BTW, to change the oil pump, you have to drop the oil pan, pull the would be smart to have an experienced mech do it and least for your first time.

So the oil pump I replaced and the high pressure sensor/buzzer and so the buzzer does not sound anymore but when my motor is all the warmed up the oil temp gets really hot about 110 degrees and then I seen the oil light on dash bored blink only at idle but my oil pressure looks low at idle its like at 1bar I herd its supposed to be at 1.5 bar . now I feel the low oil sensor on the head might be bad or me only using water to cool my car and not antifreeze is making the oil run really hot and messing with the oil pressure....any help is much appreciated thanks.