So everyone said this was condensation because I don't drive my car for more then 20min but I just drove around for about 30min an its 80 degree weather here an still this stuff is still here an it smells burnt or something I jst really trying to see what is wrong I mean the car runs good an the cat went out about 2years ago an I am about to get a new one an spent $250 on it but I don't want to spend the $ if I have a blown head gasket :( ...Is this still condensation or is it a blown head gasket? Please help

175

Asked by Apr 10, 2013 at 08:14 PM about the 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Base

this is a pic of what under the oil cap looks like an also this thing that is connected to the air intake im not sure what its called...Help!

175

An I for got to say that the dipstick looks great so that's why im confused I have always herd that if u have a blown head gasket you would have whit stuff or something on the dipstick.

93,825

30 minutes is just about the time that the oil is at full temperature. The coolant gets warm fast, the oil takes longer. Read about it here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

93,825

If you had a blown head gasket, your engine would be puffing white smoke, your coolant would be going down, there would be bubble rising in your coolant reservoir and your engine would be overheating.

Best Answer
175

thank you for the responds, I don't use coolant I only use water..would hat have anything to do with it?

223,755

It's normal. Take it for a long drive, clean out what you can. Replace both oil gaskets in the oil breather. One sits between the oil breather and the valve cover. The second gasket you must replace is the one on the oil cap. When these gaskets get heated, the rubber/silicone often burns and shrinks thus allowing for moist air to enter and interact with oil fumes.

223,755

Using water only vs a mix of water and coolant won;' change anything unless at some point it got below freezing, icing up the motor/radiator and hoses causing a crack or breaking a seal.

175

Thanks!

19,525

antifreeze is a must for hot weather,also a good thermostat is a must for temp. to rise to burn this out, running cool will cut engine life

4,535

Even if it were a head gasket issue, it would still be more economical to have the engine repaired rather than replace the vehicle.

175

Yes I know antifreeze should be put in your car but I thought I had a blown head gasket an it would be worst if antifreeze was getting in my oil then water so I used water. an my thermostat works...