Roof latch rattle

Asked by Nov 09, 2010 at 05:50 PM about the 1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet Base

The right roof latch "rattles" when driving over bumps in the road. The latch itself is tight and stays securely fastened. When you put your hand on the latch block it feels as if something is wobbling inside the latch. The left latch is fine. I'm the original owner of this 1992 VW Cabriolet - no issues with roof, windshield, etc. Has anyone experienced this problem ?

185

I have. The metal in mine cracked and eventually broke around the locking mechanism. You can remove it for a closer look. Its just 3 phillips screws and its out. 1 large one on the side and 2 smaller ones on top. If it is broken I would replace it with one without the locking mechanism like the one on the drivers side.