Electric System

10

Asked by May 05, 2009 at 12:18 AM about the 1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet Base

A/C, rear defogger, wipers and fan quited working at same tme. Is there something in commom for these to happen?

11,935

There is nothing in common except the fuse box - I would look there for corrosion from a leaking windshield Good Luck

10

Actually the load reduction relay controls all three systems, I found out from somebody else. I've checked it and yes, it seems to be the problem. It was "welded" to the fuse panel. I have ordered the relay and now I have to check the resistance and current draw for those systems to see which one is causing this relay to overheat.