I have a 2002 vw cabrio.. the light flashes like it's overheating, mostly during the summer time. The gauge never reads that it's overheating.. what could be the problem?

Asked by Jul 10, 2014 at 05:04 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

I have a 2002 vw cabrio.. the light flashes like it's overheating, mostly during the summer time.  The gauge never reads that it's overheating.. what could be the problem?  When the light flashes, we add coolant, and it goes off.

4,515

It's obviously indicating a low level condition prior to reaching a temp impacting loss of coolant. Fix that leak, pronto.