Is 2002 Cabrio suited for a car seat?

Asked by May 03, 2011 at 11:50 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

My wife is looking to buy a 2002 Cabrio.  It is in very good condition with about 110,000 miles on it.  To those of you who have one, would you say this car is suitable for a car seat.  We are expecting in September, and want to make sure it is geared for and safe enough for a baby.  Any information woulb be great!

70

I've got a 1997 Cabrio. A car seat will fit (we have a Graco), but getting it in and out in a 2-door got old really quick. I'd recommend finding a 4-door for your wife.

I am happy to find jsholt's posting from May and Jerimiah's response to jsholt. My husband and I just found out I am pregnant and am very attached to my rare Cabrio (a 2002 with only 39,000 miles that I've taken care of like a baby until now). I bought it in 2007 when it only had 24,000 miles and originally wanted to keep it forever! But someone told me this car is not compatible with baby car seats. I want to look into this further to see if I can find a way to make it work. My question to jsholt is: How did you make out? Did you end up buying the car and if so, were you able to make it work with your 2002 Cabrio and the baby carseat? Thanks. Any further comments from others reading this post would be much appreciated. Thanks so much. Stephanie

I have two car seats in mine. They have a 3 point system holding system. On the back seat rear there are black dots where two clips slide under. In the trunk is the third. I had to cut the rug in the trunk to find the tie down clip.