Transmission fluid check

60

Asked by Sep 09, 2015 at 02:23 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

My Haynes manual has a picture of where to check the manual transaxle fluid level.  Unfortunately, that picture is NOT of a 2002 Cabrio and I have searched and searched to no avail.  There is supposedly access through a hole which is opened by a 17mm allen wrench, but not that I can find.  It is both the 'check' and 'add' fluid hole, but that's hard to do when it cannot be found.  Any other owners have an idea?  Thank you!

105,535

your vehicle does not have a transmission fluid dipstick. These types of transmissions are designed to be maintenance free. remove the fitting when you find it, make sure you do it on level ground, if fluid come out then its full...

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to find help, to get some information and geez whiz you are right... all there is is automatic trans info. But this is what I did find if it's any help http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4493969-How-to-check-fill-the-manual-transmission-fluid-level-1998-VW-Cabrio