foglights

25

Asked by Dec 04, 2007 at 10:25 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

So im not sure if my first question went through, but is there a seperate switch for the foglights on this car?  I know there is a set of bulbs in working condition but they dont turn on with the low beams, etc etc.  And I cant find a serpate switch either.  Its my friends car.  If I posted this twice, pls disregard and I apologize for the redundance.  Thanks for any help.

47,645

Are these foglights aftermarket or factory? My answer to your other question would apply if factory, but if aftermarket, perhaps there is a switch hidden somewhere by the prev. owner when they were installed.

45

Pull the light switch out until it clicks; that turns the factory for-lights on.

110

You have a North American cabrio. The headlight switch does not make provision for the built in fog lights. You have to buy a "euro" headlight switch on ebay and replace it for the north american headlight switch presently in your car. After that, you have to get a gof light relay ($10) and plug it into the relay cluster beneath the driver-left of the dashboard. The purpose of the relay is to turn the fog lights off when you have your high beams on. After that you have to google for directions on how to wire up the new euroswitch for the fog lights.