just bought a 2001 cabrio having nothing but problems is there an honest mechanic?

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 09:25 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

in desparate need of a honest mechanic and reasonable too.

You cannot be ripped off if you educate yourself on the thing what is getting repaired. Having a portable internet device will stop them dead in their tracks too, if you can say "wait a minute, I've got to verify what you are saying to me"~

There are a number of sites- Yelp posts reviews, results so you know about a few.

1,455

I have to agree with bob, educating yourself before you go to the shop will help greatly, but if you have any specific questions about problems I'd go ahead and ask them on here and see what info the members here can give you then you will have a good starting off place to research this car's issues before you take it to a mechanic. a good droid phone can be a great research tool.

yep. a more reliable car that isn't so needy would be good too. How many miles you got on this buggy? Toyotas are the best in terms of reliability.

95,035

Find an active VW forum and see what other owners say. Many of them have DIY instructions so you know what steps have to be taken for repairs.