Which to buy used? 2001 Cabrio automatic with 100,000 miles or 2000 Chysler Sebring convertible with 80,000 miles?

Asked by May 25, 2012 at 07:59 AM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

Which more reliable, trouble free and safe?

If the Sebring has the 2.7 liter stay away. The Cabrio's, if well taken care of are good cars. Like any other vehicle it is only as good as the maintenance that it had.

Sebring has 2.5 V6

I have a 2000 Sebring, and it's junk!!!

Yep 2001 started 2.7 my bad.

If Se bring has a 2.7 stay 2.5 not to bad .but vw can b better. OK

ANY car is only as good as the maintenance that it had. VW are known to be reliable. One can not say that a make/model is good or bad just by that information alone. You have to have a history on the vehicle.

I agree & disgree. There is also bad engineering, bad parts that is put on new cars. That's is why there is recalls. But there are other times where there is no recall as it is not a safety issue. Some part get by inspection and other cases the boss says ship them out mixed with known good parts. I know first hand on some of these. I own a 2001 Chrysler Sebring with a nice body line parked in my garage due to the fact it is too unsafe to drive, and it is not cost effective to repair. Oops, i forgot to tell you A crooked Dealer sold me this car Mar. 2012. He sold it as if he was a private seller selling his own car, known as Curbstoning. This crook goes under the name of Uncle Bart Auto Sales in Garland TX. Do I try to sell this car to you or others that may want to buy for a family member? No, I could not hld the responsibility of getting someone hurt or killed in this car.

Dont buy anything with over 75K miles unless its german built.

Why would you buy a car with that of high miles.Both of those cars are getting long in the tooth mileage wise. Small repairs water pumps,alternator and starter come to mind off the top of my head.