2001 volkswagon cabrio. Is there rust issues in fuel tank? What relay is for the fuel pump? Are there 2 fuel pumps for this model?

Asked by Apr 16, 2016 at 05:08 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

Fuel filter , plugs and coil were replaced. Car just stalled on road. Only turns
over. Goggle gives me a number of options for relay location and wiring
diagram. Which one is correct ? Dealership offers no assistance as usual.

Well, who is going to help you at the dealership? The salesman? the Service Advisor is there to make money from repairs, not to spend time on a 15 year old car trying to help you figure it out- who replaced the parts? don't you have a mechanic? Just get it fixed- nobody rides for free-

Hey jamnblues, If you haven't got anything intelligent to offer, keep your crappy ideas to yourself. This forum exists for people that are trying to save a few bucks from the gouging mechanics.

You seem to think that everybody should help you- and here I am, helping you by giving you a dose of reality- the dealership will help you when you give them money- what did you think when you posted this? That somebody could look into their crystal ball and diagnose your car? Here's my last bit of advice to you: grow up- we all have cars that cost us money- and the world doesn't revolve around you-

What do you think this site is for ? Bonehead

Double the bonehead option from me as well! I too have had this problem. However I found that bypassing the wiring and running a hot to the pump made the car run. I found some very brittle wires connected to the pump. I am now trying to figure out how to run a new wire to the relay. Hope this helps.

thanks. I found a bad connection at the injectors, but now I have now spark, so, I've changed the ignition coil, camshaft sensor, and distributor rotor, cleaned up the ground connections. The camshaft sensor is behind the front motor mount and can't be accessed without removing the mount and supporting the motor to do it. Ridiculous. I am getting a good signal from the sensors , but not a good signal to the coil. I fear that there is a bad wire or the ECM is faulty. These issues with Volkswagon are common place, so I'm finding out. Terrible car to find good info on. They over complicated a neat little car. I will never buy another Volkswagon in this life time.