I have a 2001 cabrio vw the other day I went to open the drivers side door and something snapped and the key lock just spinned around cldnt disarm my alarm so I can't drive my car. How to do I disarm?

710

Asked by Oct 02, 2013 at 05:18 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

Do you have a second key?

710

Nope and the remote doesn't work and the passager side doesn't have a key lock it locks from the driver side

There is another fuse panel above the one you see under the driver's dash. Drop down the one you see and pull the fuses for the alarm on the fuse panel above it. This will also disable your radio.

710

Will be able to drive my car if I disable my alarm?

take it once around the parking lot and see if there are any complications....I can see it now "THE STEERING LOCK" decides to engage...that would be HORRIBLE, but I don't see that happening...take it for a test drive....to the trusted/family/bunch of old guys, one who still smokes a pipe...and they won't rip you off (probably)....get estimates for the amount of time it takes to replace the messed up items and get a feel for what it's going to cost ya~

I was worried about the "PopNwin" airbags goin' off in your face~

this can happen when messin' around with the fuses...as you know the airbag system is fully energized ALL THE TIME...so you needn't give it any consideration....if you want to mess with this....disconnect the battery....both termanals...to be sure~