No Speedo, tach or cruise control

Asked by Apr 07, 2012 at 03:08 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

My 2001 Cabrio has an intermittant problem.  The speedo and the tach quit working at times.  When this happens I also lose cruise control.  Has anyone had this issue with this car?

65

I just bought a 95 Cabrio and have a similar problem but no answer for you. I wanted to say to check if your emergency brake light on the dash goes out as well. Mine does, along with the check engine light when i loose my guages, my odometer goes out as well, but not the illuminating light for the dash. Please let me know if you find the answer, i have some buddies that are motorheads and i'm going to probe their minds with this one and my check engine light. Thanks.

65

Did you ever find out the problem with your car poppager?

Hey arnickstibbs .... never did find the problem. Sorry I didn't answer sooner. All of my dash functions except the speedo, tach and the CC doesn't worl. The orange arm on the indicators kinda vibrates at times but that is itl My solution has been purchase a GPS and mount it on the dash so I can monitor my speed.

65

LOL, i've done that too! When i get my engine problem sorted out i'll tackle that and let you know what i fine. I think it has something to do with the fuse, so probably a loose connection. The speedo, tach, warning lights and temp are on the same fuse line, the clock and illumination lights for the guages are on seperate fuses so i don't think it's a ground or the guage component itself. That's as far as i've gotten with it though.