Put gas in my 2000vw cabrio, went to drive away, push the gas and car dies.. I unhooked the breather and ran fine. New if I push the gas too fast no matter what speed the car dies...

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 08:21 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLS Convertible

355

Possibly bad gas. Try adding dry gas to your tank

8,265

sounds like bad gas to me. what type of octane gas did you fill up with ? in engines under the year 2006 they require high octane gas to run correctly. 91 octane or above. If you have been using regular gas you could have fouled the plugs and coated your maf sensor in carbin deposits. clean maf change the plugs with the best bosch plugs you can find and the problem should go away once the gas has run out of the system. Drive the car till the gas is almost empty empty then fill up with premium and change the plugs after you drive home.