Can anyone tell me the name and a little bit of information about this part?

Asked by Sep 03, 2013 at 03:26 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLS Convertible

I was driving my VW Cabrio 2000 the other day i heard a snap when i pushed the clutch in and then the clutch went straight to the ground i coasted to a parking spot, the clutch will come up if i pull it up with no resistance. We were able to see where the clutch cable came out of the part but no one can identify the part for so i can buy a new one any helpers?
If you could help give me some info on this please email me at gabriellapatton1@gmail.com

that's the "ball fork" where is an arm that has a ball or pivot on one end and split to allow the driveshaft through, but like the paddle that is responsible for the clutch~

Best Answer

Okay here are a few choices for your new clutch cable ~

thanks for the "ups" not looking forward to the number one position, but am already in 'maintenance and repair"~ bares some responsibility to know whatinahell you're talking about~ "ball fork", pivot fork...fork at any rate~.....good luck with this, these are workingman's cars~ (gonna be workin' on it constantly...LOL)