How do I get the key unstuck. from the door of my 2000 Cabrio?

Asked by Oct 30, 2014 at 08:57 PM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

My daughter went to unlock the door of her 2000 Cabrio.  The door unlocked but the
key is now stuck in the door lock. The windows opened and won`t go back up.  The car
will start and drive with the second key, but it won't unlock the trunk. The key will not go
in the slot.  Any suggestions? I blighted car second hand - no owners manual or info on
security system.

The lock cylinder needed to be replaced. The broken pieces inside the lock with the key stuck inside, kept the key in position to keep the windows open and the trunk locked. The new cylinder fixed the problem.