I have a 2000 volkswagon cabrio automatic where do I put the transmission oil

Asked by Oct 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM about the 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

90

Greetings. I own a 1999 VW cabrio GLS automatic. I recently changed the fluid. There is no dipstick on this car but on the right side top of the transmission there is a black plastick tube with a black plug. There might be an orange cover over the black plug that a tiny hinge unlocks with a tiny screw driver. Once you get the orange cap off the black (push in) plug pulls right out. You kind of have to pinch it. Be careful though because if you pull too hard on the black plug you can break the plastic fill tube and it will leak. Try to hold down on the tube while you pull the plug. If I remember correctly one other guy said if you can stick your finger in and you feel fluid, you should be good. Good luck